Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Done with 25NL

Ugh ... what a way to go out:

Here I make the right read and lose. Ugh.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1053315

I'm pretty frustrated with myself. I feel like I should be able to beat 25NL at a much higher rate. On some level, I want to do another 10K hands and see what happens. Anyhow, here is my graph:


So much variance ... it's no good. I think my biggest heater was 8 buy-ins and my biggest downswing was 4 buy-ins. In the end, I just don't think I gave my 100% to the level which caused all the swings. Now ... some facts:

Top 5 Moneymakers:

1. AA (by far). I've had it 55 times for $273.90
2. AQo. 76 times for $80.25
3. KQs. 38 times for $76.95
4. KK. 53 times for $63.15 - lost 9 of them
5. TT. 47 times for $54.45

Top 5 Losers:

1. 65s. -$49.60
2. AKs. - $45.90
3. AJs. -$33.95
4. JJ. -$30.15
5. 54o. -$29.95

And the postion stats:


As you can see, I made most of my $$ from the button and UTG. It looks like my leaks are from the CO and MP. I will def tighten up in 2nd position. My SB/BB play seems ok.

Also, Brian Rue mentioned that the Went to SD % should be over 30%. This is only happening for me in the UTG position. Maybe I just need to tighten up in general and work on getting that number up by playing better quality hands.

So ... if someone's WTS% is high, you can't bluff them. It looks like I'm very bluffable though. Another thing to work on.

I also paid $238 in rake. This is more than I made. GG FTP.

2 comments:

Tall Mat said...

lol @ rake comment - I hope you have rakeback at least.

Nice work overall - scary how swingy it is at these levels.

If you do repeat do it at a different level - otherwise you may as well just do Chris Ferguson's "zero to $10,000" challenge!

verneer said...

I am very unhappy with my play at 25NL. I got into many high variance situations (combo draws vs. TPTK) where I had not fold equity and lost. I'm going to be playing 50NL next.

I do have rakeback :)