Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 1 of 100NL


I decided that I really wanted to have a good session so I made the following adjustments:

1. I only played 4 tables as opposed to 6 or 8 to work on my reads and to really focus.

2. I played super nitty post flop. For example:

KK OOP with an Ace on the board:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1089120


Am I ahead there? Probably. Do I want to get floated after I make a c-bet? Nope.

3. Didn't really make a lot of CB's after the flop if the flop didn't hit me.

4. Tightened up in middle position (8/8) and first position (3/3), but I was still 37/36 on the button and 27/26 in the cutoff. Next session I think I'll start opening up my middle position.

5. Quit early after < 500 hands.

3 comments:

Neb said...

You are hax in 100nl, needless to say.

Adam said...

verneer,
just curious why you are doing this little challenge and messing around with these low limits? How come you are not spending your time playing 1/2 and 2/4? Are you just looking to have fun w/ poker and don't really care about the money, or do you not have the bankroll anymore to play the limits you were? You didn't really explain fully why you were doing this instead of playing what you usually do from what I saw, so I was just wondering. Thanks.

verneer said...

Adam,

I wanted to see the big differences between the levels that I could have better discussions with my friends that play that limits.

Part of it has become working on some leaks though (obv from my stats at the lower limits).

My FTP BR > $21,000, so I'm well rolled for 400NL btw.

I hope that answered your question.