Sunday, September 23, 2007

Running Challenge ...

In addition to Poker, I would like to keep track of my running here as well - to keep myself accountable. My goals are as follows:

1. Qualify for the Boston Marathon. To qualify for it I will have to run a 26.2 mile course in 3:10 which is 7:15 per mile. I've run a half-marathon at that pace and have run a marathon at 7:45 pace. This one was a huge goal of mine before I had two serious foot injuries.

2. Break 18:00 in a 5K. I've done it before (PR - 17:59) and would like to do it again. I ran a test run yesterday and lost to a 57 year old man. Weak. To run this I'll have to run 5:47 mile splits.

Today I ran 6 miles in 48 minutes which is right a 8:00/mile. I'm just getting the distance under my legs so I felt good. Tomorrow I'm taking off.

Brian - you've gotta get back to running buddy :)

No comments: