Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dropping Down ...

I'm going to go back to the origins of this blog and see what I can do with $200. I'm going to play 10NL on FTP until I get to $450 and then I'll jump to 25NL. A few other rules:

1. No more than 4 tables at once.
2. No more than 1000 hands per day.
3. Post a few hands each day.
4. Fold
5. Stakes are low, have fun, don't sweat it.

Bankroll Rules:

$0 - $450: 10nl
$450 - $1000: 25NL
$1001 - $2500: 50NL
$2500 - $7000: 100NL
$7001 - $14000: 200NL

I'm mostly doing this because I have very little time to play and I don't want to "worry" about poker too much. I feel like I can do this pretty mindlessly.

Day 1: Played for 52 minutes (321 hands) and picked up $18.05 (28.12 BB/100, $20.83/hr). Ran at 32/25 and had a 53% ATSB. Raise, raise, raise, play smart post flop. I was 3-bet less than 3 times total. Here is one of the hands:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1499548

I really want to see if I can build a roll starting at these limits ...

7 comments:

HyperAggrDonk said...

Good luck sir.

Anonymous said...

HAHA.

"Rule number 4. FOLD"

Then you play 32/25 and had a 53% ATSB. I presume fold sometimes but not very often!

Not sure how optimal these stats are for this level, maybe you can write about how it is to play LAG at these low stakes.

Also, with your ability there is no need to wait till 450 before moving to 25NL. 250-350 is easy enough as long as you drop back if you go below 150 say.

Good luck.
MrSpeed

verneer said...

Yeah ... I meant more like folding post-flop. Often I will make a read but feel that everyone is bluffing me and call.

Pre-flop, as long as the table is passive, I'm going to be popping it up in position and trying to take it down post-flop. If the whole tables is calling a lot pre-flop I will tighten up.

Postflop play is where the $$ is made and that's often not reflected in the standard PT numbers.

Anonymous said...

Ye, totally agree that post flop is where the $$ is made. However, playing at micro stakes i'd say you'd also make easy money by better pre-flop hand selection.

Anyway, wonder if you'd share your Went to SD% and Won at SD% at some point playing loose.

Thanks and good luck
MrSpeed

Anonymous said...

32/25. to pick up 25 buyins at 10nl i would imagine will take a fair amount of time unless you run like god. I tried these micro micro limits and unless the deck was smacking me in the face i couldnt get more than a 15 buyin upswing on a rush. if you can get to 200nl in a reasonable amount of time ill be very impressed. Have you got a time line in mind?
It intrigues me a lot to see if someone can rise quickly through the limits these days. Personally i have found the level of play has risen dramatically in the last 6-7 months even at the small limits. I play 100nl through 400nl casually (say 3-4K hands a week) I hope you post heaps through this challenge as im very keen to follow your progress.
cheers

Anonymous said...

I'm also really interested in how well the laggy style will work. It works awesome on Bodog so I assume it'll work at microstakes, but then you always hear otherwise. Anyways gl, should be a lot of fun.

Heineken23 said...

Would you have called the push had you not turned 2 pair? I suspect you would have