Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Poker is all luck ...

I'm on a heater at 25NL - up ~ 8.5 buy-ins in 763 hands. I'm 4-tabling. I've more than doubled my initial $200 - I'm very happy.

One thing that I'm doing is taking a much more passive line. Instead of 3-betting, I'm calling hands that are very playable yet can't take a 4-bet and playing them in position:

JTh, plays well post flop IP:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1524771

KQs, I get lucky on the river and it's value town. I was going to fold to a big river bet:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1524775

I'm also making folds when I don't want to see later streets:

AK, I open UTG, am 3-bet by a player whose PFR is 4% and AF is 0.29 (over 45 hands). We're deep. I can call, but I just fold. It's going to be a bitch to play post-flop and get paid. If it's suited I call.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1524782


I might be good, but why invest another $5 + be faced with a river bet?
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1524790

4 comments:

Madazrx4 said...

Argh. Just left a long comment in the "25NL" titled post. mind going back there to read it? lol. sorry didnt see the newer posts.
cheers

verneer said...

Mad,

Many people spew by trying to bluff calling stations and push them off hands. They also try to win every pot when they should just let some go. Are you a member of CR? I talked about some common spew points on there.

Madazrx4 said...

yeah im a CR member. I agree with your first point..... i have had a habit of trying to push them off hands to a degree. i myself could never call down 3 near pot size bets with bottom pair :)
Huge pitfall with second point. This is something i have reeled in at the lower limits. In the last 12 months i have noticed the games have gotten more and more passive. Its so much harder to get people to stack off with you. had a session yesterday at 100nl where a guy only flatcalled the flop and turn in position with middle flopped set, and checked the river down. no draws completed. crazy passive. ill checkout the forums for your posts.
cheers

Blogger said...

There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Sports Betting Robot