Monday, September 24, 2007

25NL

I decided to play some 25NL - I was starting to get really frustrated with 10NL. People are uber-passive and play with very short stacks. I just wasn't getting paid off. If I ever have to rebuild my bankroll, I don't think I'll start at those lower limits.

It seems like 25NL is just a world of difference. I decided to tighten up and played well. Bankroll is at $379.95. I don't see myself playing any more 10NL - even if I drop. I'll play 25NL for a while and then take a shot at 50NL. So long bankroll rules :)

Aces hold up. I really like a 4-bet there vs. super-aggro player.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1517143

Stats:

And positional ones:

3 comments:

Malfaire said...

Interesting to see your SB and BB positional winrates. Though you're likely getting a lot of passive players making mistakes here, the fact of the matter is that through some better play you can get a nice profit versus taking a standard loss here.

What do you long term $100NL SB/BB winrates look like? Somewhat similar?

verneer said...

With a lot of limped pots I'm able to lead a lot of flops from the SB/BB and take them down. Also, I'm 3-betting a lot from the SB/BB which means I'm playing very good hands there. Notice how tight I am in the BB - I'm playing quality hands.

Finally, I'm not sure what my long term $100NL stats look like. I haven't played that stake in a long time and I'm a much better player now than I was at the time. I would be curious to see myself once I get back there.

Madazrx4 said...

thanks for the POS stats mate. Ive been going back through a database on a site i used to play on. BB win% was 27.42 and SB win% 23.74. I was completely shocked. Yet still returning a neg value for both positions. Was talking with some mates and they suggested playing a bit of full ring again just to get 4 more hands with no post. To me this just seems like avoiding the problem but i just dont see me getting a higher win%. nearly 30% is pretty damn sick as far as my knowledge goes. The old data base was mainly 2/4nl and i found it incredible over 35K hands - id forked out nearly $47K in blinds and rake. Ive always been a winning player but i want to try and nail down the major leaks. any suggestions where you see most people spew? Im back down playing 100nl and 200nl in the mean time.

in the previous post where you said dont even bother with 10nl i totally agree. anything below 50nl i get coolered and 2-5 outered all the time. Keep on trucking on mate and i look forward to your response.
cheers