Sunday, June 17, 2007

Meh session ...

Yeah, I finished up $853, but it was just so frustrating. I decided to keep playing until I was up after some massive swings. Sets lose to gutters, etc - those kind of hands are just killer for the winrate. Here is a hand that I thought I misplayed:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1183540
He has 66 here like 90% of the time. I'm also behind a slowplayed AK:

And here are a few hands I thought I played pretty well:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1183552

The player is 21/12/1.2 I just don't think he's overbetting the river without the nuts here. I also don't think he's raising pre-flop w/o JJ, QQ, KK, or AK.

And overbetting because I don't think the villain can fold a King here so I will "bluff" at the pot after he checked to induce the bluff:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1183558

Overall, I am getting pretty good at picking off bluffs, etc.

EDIT: Played a few more hands of HU and finished up $1,060 for the day. 100NL HU is really starting to be my bread and butter.

4 comments:

Matt said...

why dont you think, in the AA hand, that the villain is raising preflop without JJ+, AK? if he raises preflop 12%, thats way more than just those top hands, isnt it? im trying to learn how to interpret stats so im not sure what to think.

verneer said...

The way he was playing was very passive ... notice that he's out of position too and pops it up WITH a limper already there. The overbet on the river is really telling.

Neb said...

I think that AA hand, you induced the bluff by checking the flop. I really believe you should call it also given you counterfeit a lot of hands and the fact it was blind vs blind. I mean passive players can still bluff in rr pots, especially if he tags you as a player that is solid and willing to make a tough fold.

verneer said...

A bluff will just pot the river - not bet $150 into $120. I think I would have called a PSB.