Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm suspending my n = 10,000 challenge for a while

This summer I wanted to see if I could make a living playing poker full time. My plan is to play 100NL and 200NL for a while. My goal is to make $500/day for 20 days out of the month. This way, if I work 10 months out of the year I will make $100,000. This does not include rakeback, which I will count as a Christmas bonus. My current job pays a tad over $50K and I can always go back to it the following year if I have to. There are plenty of schools that need good math teachers :)

So ... me playing full time professionally is still in it's early stages. I guess as long as I can show my fiance that I can keep up a certain winrate, I'll quit my job in May and play full time for a while. We might have a baby by then so I could work out of the house and take care of a lot of things which she is at school.

So far, since coming back from vacation I'm playing really well. Here are my stats:

So I'm up $3015.30 (6 days' expected profit) over the last 3628 hands. Playing HU has really helped my game overall. It feels like I sit down and take people's money:

First, I cooler a guy:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1171006

Then, he doesn't believe that I have anything:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1171009

Finally, full out monkey tilt:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1171010

2 comments:

Neb said...

wow they overpay math teachers.. :) Good luck Pawel. 500/day seems reasonable, do you ever consider building a BR and working up playing high stakes? If you can hold your own there, 500/day is an easy task.

verneer said...

First I want to see how the $500/day will work out. If that works out well then I will worry about higher stakes. The $$ seems more important to me than playing higher stakes at the moment.