Thursday, July 5, 2007

Floating, taking it away on the turn ...

I thought he was squeezing ...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1235923

chefrm: lol x got me good though
TheXC: I figured you were squeezing.
chefrm: i wasnt
chefrm: i almost shoved on turn
chefrm: knew u had nada
TheXC: So ... my plan was to call and try to take away the turn.
TheXC: How did you know?
chefrm: i know
TheXC: hahaha
TheXC: what did you have?
chefrm: cuz i have been really watching your game
chefrm: aks
TheXC: ok
TheXC: And I tend to fold to turn shoves?
chefrm: vnh though
TheXC: ty
chefrm: i just didnt think u could stand it with that weak bet
TheXC: value shove
TheXC: Wait ...
TheXC: so you were going to shove to my bet?
chefrm: yes
TheXC: Hmmm ...
TheXC: Given my hand I obviously can't call ...
chefrm: just had to decide if u had hand or not
TheXC: but generally ...
chefrm: donk bet goes both ways from u i think
TheXC: I hate a bluff-shove there when we're deep.
TheXC: yes
chefrm: i know
chefrm: so i gave up
TheXC: ty
chefrm: :)
TheXC: I'm going to take a break
chefrm: was well played

Given all this, I should have bet like $90 instead of my donk bet of $50. I figured $50 would be a good amount to bet vs. a very good player (chefm is a solid regular) if I was trying to milk him.

BTW ... unless you have a really good read on a situation, that play is usually burning money.

1 comment:

Neb said...

Your range that makes that bet there is definitely your strongest hands. AQ or KK, you probably check behind given the stack sizes. So your range is set of 8s/Qs, 7x(maybe quads? you luckbox!), AA. I think he made a good assessment of the situation given the board. But he has to worry about your small bet size because he could be shoving over the nuts because he has seen you make tons of donk bets with big hands.

That said, I think this hand opens up some metagame with this villian.