Thursday, August 9, 2007

Why Taylor is Taylor and I'm not

Taylor played a pretty short session with us and afterwards we looked at his PT stats:


His aggression factor is INSANE! I mean ... talk about TAG. He played very tight (18/16), but his overall AF was 10.5! His flop, turn, and river aggression was just nuts. I tried to be more aggressive today in a 100NL session (dropped down to work on it):


As you can see, my flop aggression is good, but turn and river suck. Overall is ok. I just tend to get more passive the further we get. I think an exercise for me to do is to play REALLY, REALLY TAG and see just how high I can get my aggression factor up. I would like it between 6 and 8. This might mean that my VPIP will go down, but that's fine for now - I need to get better and double and triple barrelling.

1 comment:

Malfaire said...

Yeesh...that's aggro. Few questions / comments:

1. Can the Taylor's specific actions be derived from a small sample of hands? Just wonder as it's a small number of hands and I wasn't sure if he was expressly demonstrating the value of continued aggression or you were drawing some conclusions based on the PT-stats post-session.

2. Would you assume that the level of profitability would be apples-to-apples for each limit? Meaning, does it make sense to be 3-barreling with similar frequencies with $100NL as it does with $600NL? Again, playing devil's advocate and I really have no idea.

3. I did see that you're looking for an additional student below and on CR -- shot you a PM from my Malfaire acct. Reaaaaally excited about the possibility. :-)

Cheers,
Malfaire