Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The N = 10,000 challenge

What is N = 10,000?

N in statistics usually means the size of the sample. I plan to play 10,000 hands per level at progressively higher levels at least up to 400NL.

ZOMG TheXC RU BUSTO?!?!?!

Nah. I have 20+ buyins for the levels I'm going to be playing, thus, I'm properly bankrolled. What I want to do is start at 25NL and play a good sample size of hands to really develop an understanding of that level. I chose 10,000 hands because it seems like a good number. After the 10,000 hands, I'm going to make general observations about that level by looking at my results, etc. I'm also going to be thinking about strategies specific to that level - ones that might not work at a higher level or lower level.

The plan is to play 1,000 hands per day 6-tabling. That should be around 2 hours per day. I'll also mine the tables for the duration of my challenge and let you guys know who the big winners as well as the big donators at those stakes are (at least during my time there).

I'll also post some hands that I found interesting.

In addition to all this, I'll make a few videos for each level as I'm moving up. If you play that level and are interested in being in a video, let me know ;)

No comments: